Monday 20 July 2015

The Importance of Correct Order (#57)

To some people, playing the video games in a series in the exact order that they were released isn't that important. You see this sometimes with films too (like when somebody watches the second movie in a trilogy without having seen the first one) but I think this definitely happens a lot less often with video games. Don't get me wrong; not all series need to be played in the exact order in which their games came out. Series like Mario and Zelda, for example, have more of a focus on fun, and it's not that they don't have a story, but their stories aren't as intricately detailed in the way that some other series are. It's series like Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Kingdom Hearts, the Mario and Luigi series and Paper Mario series (I know I said that Mario games didn't matter but I was talking about games like Mario Kart and Super Mario Galaxy; the Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi series are RPGs and therefore have a very big focus on plot) that I think should be played in chronological order (by which I mean the order they came out, as some games can be prequels to others in the series but be released afterwards). I don't think any lesser of those who don't play these games in the intended order, I just highly recommend it as it makes the games much more easier to understand, and so make the games more enjoyable.

Anyway, it's just my opinion. What do you guys think about playing video games in the 'correct' order?

Also, this is my first post written with the Blogger app for iPhone. It's okay but I prefer my laptop, I just don't have it with me at the moment.

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment