Sunday 26 July 2015

Manchester Comic Con 2015 (#63)

Yesterday was just amazing. Comic Con really made me feel like I was a part of something big, something fun and spectacular. I know I went last year, but this time it just felt even better, especially considering the fact that this time I had a much better way of taking pictures. There was a lot of great cosplay of different characters ranging from stuff like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Marvel, Nintendo, and anime/manga. There were even a load of costumes that I didn't recognise, which just goes to show that, despite the fact that I'm a fan of so many movies, TV shows and especially video games, there are so many franchises out there that I haven't even seen half of them.

Oh, and there were three people (one guy and two girls) who were giving out free hugs. Needless to say, I hugged three people yesterday. I just love how friendly and welcoming these people are, particularly since I'm one of them. It's always great when you understand references in their cosplay or the things people are saying, as it makes you really feel like you're part of something special that you only can fully understand if you're in on it.

I also had £15 to spend, so I got a bottle of coke (£2), a Japanese tableware spoon with a dog on it (£3.50 but the seller was kind and let me have it for £3), and three Wii games at the CeX place in the middle of the hall which were Donkey Kong: Jet Race (£5), Warioware: Smooth Moves (£2.50), and Link's Crossbow Training (£1). I had £1.50 left when I came out at around 13:30.

I have plans to go again next year, and next time I'd love to go on Saturday instead of Sunday, since Saturday has longer hours and, since it's the earliest of the two days, has more people there.

I'l be making a post tomorrow (or in the next few days at least) containing my favourite photos that I took today. A lot of them feature great cosplay and merchandise.

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment