Saturday 4 July 2015

Blackpool Trip! Valhalla Ruined My Bag (#43)

Alright, here we go! My first post about something in my personal life that isn't really related to video games, movies, comic books, etc.

The other day (well, Thursday 2nd June to be exact), I went on a school trip to Blackpool. Blackpool is basically a popular place in the UK that people visit quite a lot. It's a nice little seaside town that is home to popular tourist attractions like Blackpool Tower, Blackpool Pier, Blackpool Zoo and Blackpool Pleasure Beach, which is the place that my school visited. See, Year 7, 8, and 9 in my school (which I believe is sixth, seventh and eighth grade in the USA) go on a trip to Blackpool Pleasure Beach each year a few days before school ends for Summer. This is the last year I'll be going with my school, but this year, there are two trips for my year: the one I went on on Thursday which was a special free trip in which only fifteen people were chose for and the normal one that everybody will be going on, which is on Tuesday 14th June and costs £22. I haven't actually been properly until now (in Year 7, I had broken my legs two months before in a car crash (I might post about that sometime) and was in hospital, and in Year 8, I had just returned to my school and I could go on the trip but I was unable to go on any rides (the Pleasure Beach is an amusement park) because I still hadn't fully recovered from my broken bones the year before.



Anyway, this year I could go on the rides with my other friends that were chosen, and I went on a few. I went on the Grand National rollercoaster first (oh my gosh, the drops are so scary but amazing) and then, oh boy, the one I loved but was doomed by: Valhalla.

Valhalla is a viking-based ride that takes place in a boat that travels through a cavern in water. Some parts of the ride are in complete darkness, and there are two drops, each very scary but awesome. As the sign on the ticket booth outside says, you will get wet. VERY. WET. But, I took my school bag with me. Which had lots of important school papers in it. And my phone.



Needless, to say, the ride was amazing (there's a part where you go backwards and there's actual fire!) but me and my bag got soaked. I have no problem getting really wet, it doesn't bother me, but it was my bag that I was worried about. When I got out I thought it had fallen out somewhere in the darkness and was in a river inside the ride, but it was just underneath my seat. Literally floating in water.

I was almost sure that my phone was screwed, especially considering my bag was so heavy and full of water. I opened it and my bag had loads of white bits in it because almost all of the paper had been torn apart and ruined. My phone was miraculously okay; I had put it in one of the small zip compartments in my bag and somehow that saved it from getting wet. But my papers were not saved.

Next, we went to Burger King and I got a cheeseburger, fries and a Pepsi while I sorted out my bag and threw lots of paper away. Some of my friends then went on the Avalanche ride while me and some others waited for them. At the end we went on a horse carousel which wasn't as thrilling as the other rides but a nice end to the day. Especially considering it was all free!

Anyway, I hope this makes up for my lack of posting sometimes. This is a pretty massive post. I'm excited for the trip on the 14th, which is next Monday.

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment