Friday 17 July 2015

School's Finally Out (#53)

Well, it's 4 o' clock as I write this, which means that school officially ended three hours ago for me. I took the school bus home (it came early today because of the time we finish at today) and walked home for the last couple bus stops of the journey. Just like that, school's done with for this year (well, for this school year I mean) and I have around six weeks to actually relax without worrying about exams, revision, and the prospect of me incapably playing softball in front of all the boys in my half of the year (screw you, PE!).

There is a small sadness to this though. I won't see any of my friends except maybe one or two for a month and a half, as many of my best friends live pretty far away from me (unless I could arrange some kind of meetup, but it'd take a long time to get there. Worth a shot though I suppose). One of my friends is leaving permanently. This is pretty sad for my group of friends, especially me since I've actually known this guy for around eleven years. Yeah, we had ups and downs but overall we were always good friends most of the time, especially in the past year. It's not too bad though, since we can talk to him on Skype a lot. There's also the fact that when I go back to school I'll be in Year 10 (ninth grade for you Americans), which means lots of tests and GCSEs.

The Summer looks good though. In fact, it pretty much gets great starting tomorrow since I'm going to watch Ant-Man (tickets already booked online)! Fantastic Four comes out around the beginning of August and as I think I've said, I should be going to Blackpool Pleasure Beach once or twice. Also, no school and homework equals more time to update Awesome Fantasy News. :)

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment