Tuesday 28 July 2015

My Favourite N64 Games (#64)

I was planning on posting the Comic Con pictures I talked about in the last post (don't worry, I promise I will soon!) but then it dawned on me; this is the sixty-fourth post. And to any gaming fan, Nintendo or otherwise, the number sixty-four should instantly bring thoughts of a certain game console. That's right, to commemorate the 64th post, I've decided to talk about the Nintendo 64, and specifically, my favourite games for the system.



Now, being a young gamer, I've never actually owned an N64, but I've certainly played lots of the classic games for the system. The first game I played for it was Paper Mario, a game that I had wanted to play for a long time due to watching Youtube videos about it. I got the game for 7 pounds (for some weird reason the pound sign isn't working on my laptop, when I press it it comes out as a hashtag) on the Wii Shop Channel and I completed it fast. Since then I've played the other three games in the series. A while later I got The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D for 3DS, my first Zelda game, and instantly fell in love with the series. After I completed it I got Majora's Mask, the sequel, and eventually played all the other 3D Zeldas.



The other N64 games I have for Virtual Console include Super Smash Bros and the 3D remake of Star Fox 64. Unfortunately I didn't really enjoy Star Fox 64 3D. It's not really a bad game, I just personally disliked it. Oh, and let's not forget the awesome childhood memory that is Super Mario 64. I played Super Mario 64 DS when I was about 7 and I have so many fond memories of it. It's very special to me in the way that the original is to many older gamers. I also hear that games like Goldeneye 64 and Conker's Bad Fur day (that second one is for adults though) are good, and I just remembered, I've played Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie which I also enjoy.





I have to say though, Superman 64 is defenitely the N64's best game, by far. No competition at all. (I'm joking, please don't hurt me.)

7.8/10 -- Too many rings.
Anyway, I'm off to play some Ace Attorney Investigations 2! Bye for now!

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment