Saturday 25 July 2015

A Jurassic Park Fan (#61)

I am now officially a fan of the Jurassic Park film series! That's right, another franchise to add to the ever-growing list of popular film franchises that I'm into (along with those such as the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Fantastic Four (although I haven't seen the first Fantastic Four movie... I need to watch that soon, and, speaking of which, the new reboot is out here in less than two weeks), X-Men, Spider-Man, Back to the Future, the Hobbit, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Harry Potter). I've been wanting to get into Jurassic Park for a while now since my friend watched the first three films and then the fourth in IMAX, but I haven't really gotten a chance until now. The other night, I saw the trilogy on DVD while out shopping for £10, but I didn't want to get it for DVD and wanted to watch it HD. Luckily, I looked up to my right, and there the trilogy was Blu-Ray, for £12 (or was is £13? I think it was £12).



I watched the first film, Jurassic Park, last night, and I thought it was absolutely great. My favourite parts were those that featured the Tyrannosaurus Rex, such as the scenes where the Rex first appeared in the storm, and the chase with Ellie, Ian and that one other guy in the car who I forgot. Speaking of which, I liked almost every character (with some of my favourites being Alan Grant, Elle Sattler, Ian Malcomn) except Dennis Nedry (Sure, he's supposed to be a bad guy anyway, but I don't like that guy at all). I also like the Velociraptors. They're scary, which is why I like them and the T-Rex a lot.

Anyway, I'm watching the second film now, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, and I'm an hour, thirteen minutes and twenty-three seconds in (how's that for precision?), so I'm gonna resume watching that for now. See you later, alligator. What? Alligators are pretty close to dinosaurs... right?

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment