Wednesday 3 June 2015

My Opinion On Amiibo (#6)

What are amiibo?

Amiibo are small, colourful figures that are compatible with various different Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games. Amiibo figures are usually of Nintendo characters, but can also be of other video game characters that have appeared on Nintendo consoles, such as Sonic the Hedgehog, Shulk (from Xenoblade Chronicles), Mega Man and Chibi-Robo. Some of the games they can be used in include Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros for Wii U (which was the first game they appeared in), and they can be registered by tapping the base of the figure to an NFC-reader on the New Nintendo 3DS or the Wii U gamepad. In short, they're basically Nintendo's version of the Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures, except they aren't needed to play the game and are instead optional. In Super Smash Bros they allow you to save progress of your amiibo in battle and allow your amiibo to level up.



What do I think of amiibo? In my personal opinion, I really like the idea of amiibo, but I think they are too overpriced. I feel the same way about Skylanders and Disney Infinity; as much as I like the idea, I think £10 is a lot of money just to be able to have a personal version of that character in the game (Super Smash Bros) or unlock a costume for your Mii (Mario Kart 8). I think it's a little better than other games, where you have to pay up to £12 just to play as that figure's character in the game, but I still think a more reasonable price would be around £5.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I love to hear any more opinions in the comments.

Bye. I'm off to play some New Super Mario Bros U!


Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment