Thursday 4 June 2015

Curious Village Replacement (#7)

Today I got the UK version of Professor Layton and the Curious Village (the first game in the Professor Layton series). I already owned the US version but decided to replace it since I live in the UK and wanted to get the UK version since that's the version I have of all the other Professor Layton games. Thankfully, it was only £4 at CeX, great deal (no, they didn't pay me to say that...). The only game I don't have in the Professor Layton series now is the 6th and final game, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, which I have ordered on Amazon and will hopefully arrive tomorrow. Below can be seen the US version of Professor Layton and the Curious Village.



Below can be seen the UK version, which I replaced it with. It's not that the US version is bad but the UK version's cover art matches up perfectly with all the UK versions of the other games, plus some of the puzzles and NPCs have different names. I also prefer Luke's voice actor in the UK versions. I have decided to give the US version to my friend, who I've told about the series and recommended it to.



Thomas

3 comments:

  1. You seem very interested on detective games such as phoenix wright and professor layton, your future career might lead you to a detective or lawyer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem very interested on detective games such as phoenix wright and professor layton, your future career might lead you to a detective or lawyer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jaden, and being a lawyer actually does sound pretty fun now! Although I'd probably get in big trouble for shouting 'Objection!' in a real court case... :(

    ReplyDelete