Saturday 30 April 2016

A Wonderful End To April (#186)

So I got the Playstation 3 yesterday, and when I got home I put it together straight away. I also got 3 PS3 games for me to play as soon as I wanted to, which included Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Generations and Kingdom Hearts: HD 1.5 ReMIX (plus I already got Sonic 06 a couple days ago). I think I've mentioned it before but I do actually have Kingdom Hearts 1 for PS2. However, despite the fact that I've started playing through the game quite a few times, I've never actually fully completed it, so since I have the HD remake now, I definitely want to play through the whole thing. Anyway, so yes, I got home and put the system together, but my fears were confirmed when I found out that there was a big problem: the cable connecting the controller to the console (try saying that five times fast) wasn't working (and also it was extremely short, which would mean that I wouldn't be able to play the PS3 while the controller was charging because the wire wouldn't reach). This made me really depressed and disappointed, especially since I would probably have to return the console or at least get a new wire which I wouldn't be able to until around Tuesday, when I go back to school after this 4-day weekend. However, I remembered my friend, Christmas Guy, who I mentioned in post #151, has a PS3 that he doesn't really use anymore since he got a PS4. So I called him and asked him if I could borrow one of his USB cables, since the one I had bought wasn't working. Christmas Guy's birthday is December 25th, and let me say, in this situation he really was Jesus. He had a few spare cables, and came on over to mine to give me one of his. The console worked fine, and the controller finally connected.

Sadly, there was another problem. As you might know, Sonic 06 is known for its terribly long loading screens, and since that was the first game chronologically out of the three Sonic games I bought, I had decided to play that first. However, I'm not sure if its the copy of the game I bought glitching out or if its something else, but the game wouldn't load past the first loading screen, which meant I couldn't even get to the title screen. I tried a few things like turning the console off and on and cleaning the disc, but it didn't seem to work, even though the disc didn't really have any major smudges or scratches. The game was second hand though, so I dunno. Anyway, I'm probably going to have to return it to CeX or attempt to get a refund since I bought it from them online. After I gave up on this though, I tried Sonic Unleashed, and that works fine. I've been playing it loads since last night and it's awesome. I actually own Unleashed for Wii, but I haven't played it for a few years. I think it's actually broken, plus the Wii/PS2 version is a lot different to the more next-gen (at least when it came out) PS3/Xbox 360 versions, so I decided to get it for PS3. There are more daytime stages and quite a lot of differences between the two versions. I actually think Sonic Unleashed is one of my favourite Sonic games. Not only was it my first 3D Sonic game and the second Wii game I ever played, giving it a special place in my heart, but this PS3 version is just really amazing, and I love both hedgehog and werehog stages.



I can't talk/type for much longer now since I'm about to go and watch Captain America: Civil War. I'm extremely excited and, by the way, I watched The Dark Knight yesterday. I loved it, it was a fantastic film and Heath Ledger as the Joker was an incredible performance. I will watch The Dark Knight Rises soon.



Oh, and my neck feels fine now.

Thomas

2 comments: