Wednesday 6 April 2016

My Thoughts On: Batman V Superman - Part 2 (#167)

Part one of this massive Dawn of Justice reaction post can be found here.

Anyway, enough negatives. I'm not trying to make this sound like a bad movie because it wasn't, honestly. It's just easier to talk about the bad side of things, I think. But yes, I am glad I went to see it. I would certainly still recommend it, especially if you like DC, or just Batman or Superman themselves. The film doesn't waste much time with backstories or origins, as Bruce Wayne is already Batman a few minutes into the movie and has already fought the Joker before the time that the movie is set in. Also, Alfred is already his butler/secret-superhero-helper, which didn't need to be explained too much.

I have to say, one of my favourite parts of the movie (possibly even my favourite) was right near the end, in the last quarter of the movie, where Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman fought Doomsday together. I remember a certain really epic section of the battle around when WW was introduced to the onslaught and a really, really nice piece of music started to play. Blog Buddy also agreed that it was one of the coolest parts of the movie. I also really loved the part not too long before that fight, the actual duel between Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent. To be honest, they really didn't fight for a very long time considering that the movie is called Batman V. Superman, but I digress. Yes, I thought that part of the movie was awesome, and it reminded me of anime-style combat considering that both members of the fight were both extremely overpowered and skilled. Also, am I the only one who thinks that Doomsday looks kind of like Azog, the leader of the orc pack from the Hobbit trilogy? Just look below.

Doomsday
Azog
Anyway, to summarize: Batman V. Superman is a flawed movie, but it's not as bad as most critics are saying and if you like superheroes or DC, make sure you go watch it.

Also, random fact, I didn't finish that episode of Arrow I was watching. At the time of writing, I'm deciding to finish it in the morning because I am too damn tired. I'm probably already into season 3 by the time this goes up though.

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment