Tuesday 12 April 2016

I'm Getting A Playstation 3! (#172)

Yeah, fo' reals! So basically, as you know, recently my Sonic the Hedgehog addiction has resurfaced after a year or two of not playing his games, and I've been celebrating by playing all the old Sonic games for Gamecube that I never got to play when I was younger due to lack of availability and the fact that I couldn't really buy stuff online. So, last night, I was thinking for a while, and I had a crazy yet brilliant spark of an idea. If you've been reading my blog for a while, or if you just know me at all, you should know that I'm a pretty big Nintendo fan, and their games/consoles are the main thing that I enjoy as a nerd apart from Marvel, Star Wars and the internet. So, it may probably come as a surprise to you (and even to myself) that for the first time in my life, I am going to buy my first non-Nintendo console, a Playstation 3.

Well, technically I already have a Playstation 2 as well as some games for the system. However, I didn't actually get it for myself, my cousin gave it to me about five or six years ago, and even though there are some games I've enjoyed playing for it, I don't use it very much. The games I have for it that I've actually played are Rayman: Raving Rabbids and Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. I also got Shadow the Hedgehog for PS2, but the game froze after the opening cutscene, so I could never play it. But that's okay because now I have it for Gamecube, and will be playing it after Sonic Heroes :)


So, anyway, you might be wondering why I'm getting a PS3 instead of a PS4, since the system is kind of outdated compared to its newer model. Well, the main reason is because of Sonic. There are three main 3D Sonic games for PS3 that I can't play on any of the consoles I own. One of them is Sonic the Hedgehog for PS3 and Xbox 360 also known as Sonic 06. Yes, I know the game's infamous for being terribly glitchy and having a really bad plot. But I still want to get it so I can say I own the game, and so I can collect all the 3D Sonics. Actually, I played through the whole game once before in hospital because they had an Xbox 360 there, but it was a couple of years ago. I do like the music and level design in the game though, no matter how bad people say it is. The second is Sonic Unleashed. I own Unleashed for Wii, but the PS3 and 360 versions are a lot better than the Wii and PS2 versions because, let's face it, the Wii is a lot less powerful than those consoles. There are even a few levels in those versions that aren't in the Wii/PS2 versions. Finally, there's Sonic Generations for PS3. I actually got the 3DS version of that game on the day it came out in 2011 (wow, has it really been five years?) but the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions are a lot better (seeing a pattern here?). Also, I can get Sonic 4 Episodes 1 and 2 for PS3. I got Episode 1 on my laptop but it's not fun to play on there, the screen for the game is really small and awkward. Also, if you're wondering why I don't just get a 360, it's because I'm also interested in Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 for PS3. I never actually finished the PS2 versions of those games, and these PS3 remakes are in HD. And I would get a PS4, but you apparently can't play PS3 games on PS4, and obviously PS3s are a lot cheaper, you can easily get them for under £100 these days.



Oh, and also, I ordered Sonic Heroes online on Monday! When I hopefully get Sonic 06, Sonic Generations and Sonic Unleashed for the PS3, I'll have all the 3D Sonic games.


Last thing: the day that I'm getting the PS3 may be May (no pun intended... 'may'be) 28th 2016, a Saturday. That's the plan for now anyway.

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment