Sunday 2 August 2015

iPhone To USB Stick (#68)

Due to the enormous amount of photos and videos I've taken on my iPhone 5 since I got it a few months ago, (seriously, I've taken hundreds and hundreds) I got an alert the other day saying that I couldn't take any more videos because my storage is full. I had taken so many that about four fifths of my phone's storage was taken up. Obviously, I needed to delete some photos and videos (well, a few hundred, really) but I didn't want to lose any of them. Luckily, I remembered something, a kind of Deus Ex Machina in this situation.

A few months ago, I got a 64GB USB Memory Stick that I hadn't even opened from its packet yet. I decided to transfer the photos and videos to my laptop where I could then transfer them to the USB stick. It took quite a long and slightly annoying while, but I transferred all photos and videos. I then deleted them off my phone and cleared up a whole lot of space. At first I was confused because my storage was still full, but I then realized that all the photos and videos were still on my phone and in the 'Recently Deleted' album. I deleted them all from there and now I have loads of free space.

From now on when my phone's storage gets full, most likely because of all the pictures and videos I have, I know to delete them after transferring them to the Memory stick which is reassuring.

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment