Sunday 16 August 2015

LEGO To Portal (#74)

I completed LEGO Jurassic World today, getting all 275 gold bricks and scoring 100%, as well as buying all of the characters and red bricks. It was definitely a great addition to the series, but I still think my favourite so far is LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, mostly due to the fact that you can have flying characters and vehicles and there's a ton of choice when choosing who to play as since everybody's pretty diverse. LEGO Marvel's Avengers could top it though when it releases!



I also bought Portal 2 a few hours ago on Steam for £14.99, which is pretty nice so far. I've been meaning to get it for a while after playing Portal 1, as I really like the whole portal gun gimmick as well as the one-sided conversations with GLaDOS (Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System). Speaking of these conversations, I really love the new character, Wheatley! I instantly recognized his voice as belonging to the British comedian, Stephen Merchant, whose work I've enjoyed before, and his acting as Wheatley really brings some great British humour and funny pace to the artificial intelligence. I also know that (SPOILERS) Wheatley becomes the antagonist of the second half of the game (END SPOILERS). I haven't actually got that far yet in the single player campaign but for some reason I just predicted it would happen after he was taken away after GLaDOS woke up, plus I found out soon after on Half-Life Wiki. Speaking of which, I should check out the Half-Life games too since I believe they take place in the same universe as Portal 1 and 2. Oh, and I hear there's going to be a Portal 3. Yay. (Update: Never mind, it was fake.)
Wheatley, the humorous but dark Portal 2
character played by Stephen Merchant.

Speaking of LEGO and Portals... LEGO Dimensions! It looks great but... I don't think I'll be getting that game. Figures are too expensive. Like amiibo. And Disney Infinity. And Skylanders. But seriously. I hear it's like $100 just for the starter pack... yeesh.

That was a pretty nice segue though if I do say so myself.

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment