Sunday 2 August 2015

A Newfound Interest In Dinosaurs (#69)

I've decided not to do a 'My Thoughts On' about Jurassic World, since I only want to do them every so often and I don't want them to get stale and repetitive, like with the reviews I did for my last blog. I will say though that I thought the movie was fantastic, my favourite parts included the scenes with the Indominus Rex, the part where the Aviary is broken and the Pterodactyls escape (woah, I actually spelled Pterodactyls right without Googling it) and, oh, definitely the classic part from the trailer where the Mosasaurus (now that one I may have spelt wrong... nope, a quick Google reveals I spelled it right) jumps out of the water to eat the shark, and the stadium lowers down into the underwater aquarium. I can't wait for Jurassic World 2, which will be releasing on June 22, 2018.



Anyway, I have to say, the Jurassic Park/World films have really gotten me into learning about dinosaurs. I want to rewatch the trilogy and then the fourth one when it is released on Blu-ray and research each type of dinosaur when it first appears. For example, in the first dinosaur scene in Jurassic Park, (not including the Raptor scene at the beginning because it's in a cage and you can't really see it properly, though that scene contain's Robert Muldoon's awesome line, "SHHHOOOOOOOOOOTTTTT HEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!" which rivals "Clever girl..." in my opinion), which is the part where the Brachiosaurus and the Parasaurolophus dinosaurs can be seen, I plan to look on the internet for facts about each of the two species, so I can have some background information for each dinosaur.


Speaking of which, I can now name a lot of dinosaurs I had never heard of before but I know now thanks to the series, which is good because the films are entertaining and slightly educational at the same time (even though many parts aren't accurate and are changed t make the movies better, which I'm not arguing with). Some of the ones I can name of the to of my head without looking them up (I promise) are Brachiosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Mosasaurus, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Velociraptor, Spinosaurus, Diplodocus, Dilophosaurus, Pterodactyl, Pachycephalosaurus, Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Apatosaurus, Gallimimus and Indominus Rex, although that last one isn't a real creature. (I think I spelled those all correctly).



I certainly find prehistory a lot more interesting now.

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment