Sunday 30 August 2015

Birth Of A Whovian? (#86)

After hearing many friends and a certain British YouTuber talk extensively about how great it is, I decided to give Doctor Who a go. And, not gonna lie, it's pretty nice. I've only watched the first two episodes so far, and I'm talking about the original first series from 1963 with William Hartnell, but it was pretty interesting, despite the fact that the video quality wasn't too great. But then again, it's the same with video games; graphics aren't the most important thing.

Marty McFly: Are you telling me... you built a time machine...
out of a police box?
But yes, I enjoyed it, and I'll probably watch episode 3 soon. Well, technically, it's more like part 3 of the first episode, since it seems the episodes are kind of made of of lots of twenty minute segments, which I also like. But yes. Perhaps I will go on to become a big fan of the series and fanboy about it all the time. That's what happened with a certain lawyer series. Or perhaps not. Hence the name. Particularly the question mark.

But it's looking good so far.

Is it just me or does the 1st doctor look a lot like Doc Brown from Back to the Future? Maybe the TARDIS runs on 1.21 jiggawatts?

Update: I decided to start with the more modern series that began in 2005. It's not that the old series is bad; I was enjoying it, but since it's pretty old there are a ton of missing episodes so I'd rather watch something with no content missing. At least this modern series is on Netflix. :)

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment