Monday 17 August 2015

A Fantastic Failure? (#76)

In tonight's late night posting, I must say, I'm disappointed. The new Fantastic Four movie has scored really bad on most movie critic websites, and isn't even available in 3D and IMAX. According to my friend, one of the creators of the movie said that he wished for the movie to be kept in 2D because he wanted audiences to see the movie as it was for the film crew as they were making it.



What? C'mon, that's a little dumb. Many people prefer to watch films in 3D or even IMAX at the cinema these days. I know not all people prefer three-dimensional experiences; my niece, for example, doesn't like 3D films because they hurt her eyes and give her headaches. Thankfully this doesn't happen with me, although if I go to see a 3D film when I already have a headache it makes the headache worse. Which is why I dread getting a migraine when I'm going to watch a great film in 3D because it would ruin everything.

But I digress. Admittedly, I haven't watched the film yet, and I know I shouldn't judge the film from other peoples' opinions. After all, I loved The Amazing Spider-Man 2 even though it got fairly below average scores. But then again, one website gave Fant4stic, as my friend Jamie and I like to call it (not the same friend I mentioned before) a score or 9%. Yes, 9%. I mean, ASM2 got scores of at least around 40-50%...

Fant4stic! ...I, uh, I mean Fantastic Four.
Anyway, I might watch it in cinema. I doubt though, I'll probably just wait for it to come out on Blu-Ray if I do eventually see it, considering the best experience I can get in cinema is basically just a bigger version of a 2D TV screen.

If, despite the general consensus, you'd like to see any trailers for the film, you can click here and here.

Dr Doom, or simply Doom as the film seems to call him, does look pretty cool though.

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment