Friday 30 October 2015

Iron Man 2: Why The Hate? (#133)

Recently I've been going through a big Marvel Cinematic Universe phase (geddit... 'phase'... haha... it wasn't even intentional) and I've been rewatching the whole thing that's been released as of now. Well, just the movies, not the TV shows or one-shots, though like I said last time I'd like to watch Agents of Shield again from season 1 (still haven't decided what to do about that dilemma, by the way). So far I've watched every film in Phase 1 apart from the Avengers (by the way, fun fact: in the UK the Avengers is called Avengers Assemble so as not to be confused with an old TV series here about spies or something called the Avengers) which means I've watched Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, last night I watched Thor, and this morning/afternoon I watched Captain America: The First Avenger.

When I watched Iron Man 2 a couple days ago, I enjoyed it a lot more than the first time I watched it, not because I thought it was bad the first time, but because when I watch a film for the second, third, etc. time, I seem to understand the film more and the events that are happening in it. I'm not crazy (I think); Blog Buddy agrees. Anyway, I was watching the film and remembered reading a while ago that a lot of MCU fans felt that this was one of the weakest films in the franchise and thought that Iron Man 1 and 3 were tons better. While I will agree that 1 and 3 are probably better than 2, I don't really see why so many people didn't like Iron Man 2. I liked that it introduced War Machine and Black Widow and I don't know why some might think it's a bad movie. I might just be thinking in a biased and optimistic way but still.



Peace out,
Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment