Monday 9 November 2015

Reading The Ultimate Universe (#138)

So since I got this Marvel Unlimited Membership last Sunday I've been using that website/app every day and it's definitely one of the best and most generous things I have ever had when it comes to comic books. Since about Saturday, I've been using it to read Ultimate Spider-Man, a really cool modern re-imagining of Spider-Man that launched in 2000. In the past two years I collected the first fourteen volumes (there are even a few at my school library, but I don't really like borrowing them because a) you can't keep it forever so it's not as personal or enjoyable and b) everybody's had their hands on these things and because nobody cares seems to care about keeping stuff in good condition all the comic books are tattered and ripped) and I really enjoyed the series so far. I was thinking about getting volume 15 and 16 for Christmas (which cost about £10 each) but thanks to MU I can read every issue for a much, much cheaper and more affordable price. I'm up to issue 97 right now, the first issue of the Ultimate Spider-Man Clone Saga.


I've been thinking about reading all the comics (or at least the main series) in the Marvel Ultimate universe, especially Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate Fantastic Four, Ultimate X-Men and the Ultimates (basically Ultimate Avengers, though I think there's a separate series in the UU (Ultimate Universe) with that name. We'll see what happens, but I'm loving it so far.

I watched Thor: The Dark World again yesterday. Like Iron Man 2, I don't know why everybody hates it. Everyone's a critic. And Malekith is played by Christopher Eccleston!? The guy who played the ninth Doctor in Doctor Who?! Wow! I could never have told you that from Malekith's looks alone.

It's a good thing that woman's not adopted, because everybody would be
calling her Jane Foster Parents.

Also I just realised, we're already a third into this month! Man, my life is going fast...

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment