Tuesday 3 November 2015

Marvel Unlimited Opportunities (#135)

As you've heard, I've really gotten back to being majorly excited and interested in the Marvel Cinematic Universe again, and I've watch up to Phase 2. After watching Iron Man 3 on Sunday, I've stopped watching for a few days, mainly because I want to wait a week or two until watching the next film, Thor: The Dark World, since I'd rather watch it when I have more time and don't have a crudload of English homework. Curse you, Shakespeare.

But anyway, on the subject of Marvel, on Sunday I subscribed to this really affordable monthly membership called Marvel Unlimited, which pretty much lets you read any Marvel comic released in the past 50+ years (except those released in the past 6-ish months) from start to end. No, seriously. It's that amazing. There are over 15000 comics to read (yes, 15000, that is not a typo) and I'm pretty sure I read that there are 17000 plus a bit more altogether. May I add that this only costs $9.99 a month, which equals around £6.50. And all you need is an internet connection. You can also read up to 12 comics offline of your own choosing.

This means I can now achieve one of my biggest life dreams of being able to read practically any classic or modern Marvel comic I want. I plan to read hundreds of issues of Fantastic Four, X-Men, Avengers, and possibly Guardians of the Galaxy, but for now I've started with Spider-Man. Last year when I had to spend a week or so in hospital I read around the first 200 issues of the Amazing Spider-Man comic Volume 1 (through non-legitimate methods, but I was desperate and didn't know about Marvel Unlimited). This was a while ago so I've forgotten most of the plot, but instead of pretty much erasing all my progress and starting again from issue #1 I've started reading from issue #150. Also I'll be able to read the hundreds of Marvel comics set in the Ultimate universe plus nearly 200 Star Wars comics if I want to, so this is one of the coolest thing that's ever happened to me when it comes to Marvel. I love you, Stan Lee. And the rest of that beautiful company, of course.

Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 #150

I read the first four issues of this year's new Star Wars comic, Volume 4. There are twelve issues out but only 4 issues on Marvel Unlimited so far since they add new issues about 6 months after they release in stores. Anyway, I really enjoyed the comic, and will read future issues.

Star Wars Vol 4 #1

Thomas (the biggest and most excited nerd ever)

No comments:

Post a Comment