Tuesday 24 November 2015

My Thoughts On: Jessica Jones - Part 2 (#147)

Hey, welcome to part 2. This part covers episodes 2, 3, 4 and 5, since I didn't want this to drag on like a certain other multi-part review-type project that I've hosted on my blog on the past. So, below you'll find nice little fact files for those four episodes. Enjoy.


Episode 2: AKA Crush Syndrome



















Synopsis: Jessica vows to prove Hope's innocence. even though it means tracking down a terrifying figure from her own past.
Quote: "He made me jump for hours, as high as I could." -- Hope Schlottman
Favourite Part: Luke Cage and Jessica fighting against the sports team in Luke's bar. It's cool because we get to see Luke's powers and how his skin truly is unbreakable.
My Opinion: This episode further presents Luke Cage and introduces us to his unbreakable skin. We also get to see Kilgrave's first appearance, and although it is a short appearance right at the end much like the Kingpin's intro in episode 3 of Daredevil, it is a very chilling one as we can see just how controlling and uncaring Kilgrave is.
Rating: 3/5



Episode 3: AKA It's Called Whiskey




















Synopsis: It won't be easy to acquire or deploy, but Jessica thinks she's found a weapon to use against Kilgrave. Luke and Jessica bond over their similarities.
Quote: "Okay, there's you, me, the big green dude and his crew. You think there's more of our kind out there?" -- Luke Cage
Favourite Part: When Officer Simpson gets into Trish's apartment and turns out to be mind controlled by Kilgrave. I thought he was actually acting as a genuine cop and I didn't see that coming.
My Opinion: It was suspenseful to see Kilgrave actually meet with Jessica for the first time in the show and to see how truly ruthless he is, as he tells a police officer to kill himself by jumping off a building with barely a second thought. We also get to see that chilling moment from the trailer where Jessica walks into Kilgrave's room full of pictures of her.
Rating: 3.5/5


Episode 4: AKA 99 Friends

















Synopsis: A new case demands attention as Jessica tries to find out who's spying on her for Kilgrave. Trish's radio show yields unexpected consequences.
Quote: "And you haven't had any conversations with a British man? Dark hair, well-dressed?" -- Jessica Jones, while talking to a client about who referred her to Jessica.
Favourite Part: Finding out that the person spying on her for Kilgrave is actually one of her close friends and flatmate, Malcolm.
My Opinion: I thought it was pretty interesting to see how the woman who hired Jessica (I forget her name but I think it was Audrey something?) was actually trying to trick her and lure her to her home so she could shoot Jessica as vengeance for what happened to somebody in her family in the Battle of New York as a result of superheroes making a mess. It was very reflective of how mutants are treated in the X-Men comics and films, and I'm sure situations like this will have a big impact on Captain America: Civil War, due to the controversy of superhuman beings like the Avengers and the question of if they cause more pain and damage than they prevent.
Rating: 3/5


Episode 5: AKA The Sandwich Saved Me


















Synopsis: Despite Jessica's objections, Trish's new friend Simpson gets involved in the hunt for Kilgrave. Jessica recalls a pivotal moment in her life.
Quote: "I won't come near him. If you do his job for him. Keep the pictures coming. Say, one a day at 10:00 am? Don't forget to smile." -- Kilgrave, while talking about Malcolm being a spy for him.
Favourite Part: When Jessica saves a little girl while dressed as a giant hoagie and we find out what the episode name means. I was clueless before that.
My Opinion: This episode was tense and great because, despite how terrified Jessica is of Kilgrave and how much she fears his controlling influence, she goes ahead with her plan to work with Patsy and Simpson to knock him out and essentially kidnap him. I felt unsure whether he would wake up or not and I was expecting him to be deadly furious when he did, which made me want the main characters not to mess this up and let him slip away. Unfortunately, our bad guy was thinking ahead and got the best of them...
Rating: 4/5


If you want to check out part 1 of this 'My Thoughts On', click right here. Want to continue to the next part? As soon as it's uploaded, you can click here.

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment