Tuesday 17 November 2015

One Month Until VII + Films: Too Short? (#143)

This is just a small random post to talk about a few little things, and like the title says, there's only one month left from today until Star Wars Episode VII releases. At least in the UK. I think it comes out on December 18th in the US. But yes, that's very exciting, and after waiting for over a year (less for me since I only really got into Star Wars around April) the film's almost finally here.

Like I said, this little post will just contain some very small and unrelated topics. Might do some of these often since they're great when I have different things to talk about but not much to say about each.

I'm considering watching Daredevil Season 1 again before the release of Jessica Jones on Friday, although I might just watch it in a few weeks instead. We'll see. Something I prefer a crap load about shows like Daredevil and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is the fact that each episode is forty/fifty minutes long. One of the only things I don't like about films like those in the Star Wars and MCU franchises are that they seem short to me. I know that might sound a little ridiculous since they're like 2+ hours each, but think about it this way; all the episodes of just Daredevil's first season put together total roughly 650 minutes (assuming each episode has an average of 50 minutes (yes, I know I'm getting nerdy here)) which is around 10 hours and 50 minutes, or 11 hours if we round up. Each Star Wars and MCU film each have an average of, say, 2 hours. So, think about it: just one season of Daredevil equals more than 5 films in length, plus we get all thirteen episodes of each season at once. This is why I am especially excited for JJ (Jessica Jones), because that's practically 11 hours of good quality Marvel content, all released to us in one day. Let's not forget that as well as JJ, we have a second season of Daredevil coming and at least one season (possibly more) of Luke Cage, Iron Fist and The Denders (edit: that's supposed to say Defenders but I thought it was a little too funny to leave out) coming in the next two-ish years. And again, we could get another season of JJ and maybe even a third season of Daredevil (please please please please please).



Anyway, I was planning to say something else here that's pretty small but I'll save it for another post, the stuff above about Daredevil and stuff wasn't going to be that long but when I start writing/typing I kind of get in a 'fever' as my English teacher says. :P

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment