Friday 20 November 2015

Jessica Jones: Out Now! (#145)

Woohoo! Marvel's Jessica Jones releases today, and I've been excited since early this morning (well, at least since I got on my school bus and actually realised what date it was). After getting home and finishing my homework I started watching episode 1 and I'm around 10 minutes away from the end of it now. Something I've noticed after looking at the names of the episodes on the episode list is that even though the show's name was originally going to be 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones' before it changed to just 'Jessica Jones', each episode name has A.K.A. in front of the title. So that's cool. The show's definitely the darkest and most adult entry into the Marvel Cinematic Universe so far, even more so than Daredevil, and I imagine that will be a main theme of these MCU Netflix shows. I had a big scare about an hour ago when my internet stopped working about five minutes into the episode, but luckily after turning it off and back on it worked. Thank god... I'm watching this on my Wii U, by the way.



I'm really, really looking forward to seeing more of David Tennant's character, Kildare A.K.A. The Purple Man and find out what happened with him and Jessica Jones around a year (or however long it was) ago.

Edit: Crap! Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap. I know I said that David Tennant's character is called Kildare, but I got it wrong. It's Kilgrave. I literally just found out that I've had it wrong this whole time after hearing Jessica say 'Kilgrave' for the first time in the show, moments after publishing this post. I'm pretty sure I've also called him Kildare in previous posts too. Oops! I've just heard the name 'Kildare' before so I must have gotten it confused with that word for some reason, sorry. I won't go back and find old posts where I got his name wrong, not because I can't be bothered but because 1) I don't like editing old posts unless it's for spelling/grammar mistakes because I like to keep them mostly as they were when I first published them because like I said one of the main reasons I do this is to be able to look back at stuff I wrote in the past and keep it almost exactly as it was when I first wrote it, and 2) I want to continue watching Jessica Jones right now, but that doesn't mean I can't be bothered, because it's heavily related to the post, right? Riiiiiiggggghhhhtttttt? Okay bye.

Second edit: My god, I am fickle. I decided to include a small edit in post #139 (which is about one of the Jessica Jones trailers) saying that his name isn't Kildare, but Kilgrave. I didn't actually change the original stuff I wrote though, I just added the correction in brackets. Okay, bye, for real now. I've been home nearly four hours and I really need to finish this first episode.

(That was a long sentence in that first edit, there.)

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment