Thursday 19 May 2016

Who Is The Best Quicksilver? (#196)

Well now, the last few days have been pretty busy for me. I had two real, non-mock GCSE exams on Tuesday and Thursday and despite some last minute panic revising I think I've done pretty good on both papers. Anyway, in more exciting, less education-y news, my friend Jamie has booked tickets for us to go watch X-Men: Apocalypse on Saturday! I'm very excited to watch it. The seats are, of course, the middle area of the back row because that's the best place to sit in my opinion, and the film is set to start at 14:00 on Saturday afternoon. Well, let's be honest, it'll be about 15:00 because there's always around half an hour of adverts and trailers, but that's okay. Anyway, I'll talk about it a little afterwards, but it'll probably be at least a good few days afterwards because those review/reaction posts always take me a crap load of creativity and days of procrastination to write.

It's gonna be awesome seeing Quicksilver in IMAX 3D. I'm talking about the Quicksilver played by Evan Peters, of course, who everybody including myself thinks is a lot cooler than the one from Avengers: Age of Ultron. Seriously, nothing against Aaron Taylor-Johnson or anything, I think he played Quicksilver well in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I just think Evan Peters portrays Quicksilver as a much funnier and carefree character (I'm sure anybody who's watched X-Men: Days of Future Past is a big fan of that Quicksilver scene in the prison... you'll know which one I'm talking about), although that looks like it could change in Apocalypse since things are becoming serious and a more darker, meaning ol' 'Silva could have to mature a little. Ew, maturing sucks.

Evan Peters
Aaron Taylor-Johnson

Also, funny story, back when Days of Future Past was in cinema in May 2014, me and my friend went out to watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier (it was right when we were properly getting into the MCU). However, the film had been out for about two months and there were barely any cinemas left where it was still showing. The cinema we went to, ODEON, weren't showing Cap 2 anymore but DOFP had just come out and we were actually going to watch that instead (even though I hadn't watched any X-Men films; I starting watching those around the end of that year). One of the guys working there directed us to another cinema nearby that were still showing The Winter Soldier though. So Apocalypse will be the first X-Men film I've watched in cinema, and also the first in IMAX. Well, actually now that I think about, there's Deadpool, which is technically part of the X-Men film franchise. But if you don't count that, then this is the first one. Plus I didn't see DP in IMAX.

But alas. Who do you think the best Quicksilver is?

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment