Saturday 7 May 2016

The Bat And The Hedgehog (#191)

Just another one of those posts talking about games and movies I've played/watched recently. Now, for some reason I forgot to mention this, but on Monday last week I watched the third film in the Batman trilogy, the Dark Knight Rises. I talked briefly in post #186 about how I watched The Dark Knight on Friday the 29th of April, and said how the Joker was a brilliant villain. Well, I think the villains from the Dark Knight trilogy are some of my favourites from any superhero movie, because they're all so threatening and diverse, and Bane in the Dark Knight Rises was also fantastic. He was pretty different than I had imagined he would be, but I thought he was really cool and I liked his kinda humorous yet evil attitude. There were also a few plot twists towards the end that I definitely wasn't expecting. The Dark Knight Rises came out in 2012, and I actually remember when I went to watch the first Avengers film in cinema four years ago (before I even really knew and understood what the Marvel Cinematic Universe was) there were a few TV screens hanging from the ceiling at the cinema I go to and I saw a trailer for TDKR. Obviously I didn't have any interest in it back then but now I can add the Dark Knight trilogy to the list of film series I have watched. In related news, X-Men Apocalypse is out this month. I think I'll be watching it three years ago (edit: I meant to say three weeks today. Oh my god, 'three years ago'... xD). And I just realised that Avengers 1 is nearly five years old... geez...


I spoke in a few posts in the past two weeks about how I got Sonic '06 for PS3, but it wasn't working so I had to get a refund. I then bought the game again and it arrived on Wednesday, and thankfully, it works fine. I was actually playing through Sonic Unleashed but have decided to pause that for now while I complete Sonic '06, and by the way, I'm not far off. I've already completed Sonic and Shadow's stories and I'm about 80% through Silver's. After that there's the last story and then I'll be done, and then I'll resume Unleashed before moving onto Sonic Generations, which I'm really, really excited for since I've wanted to play through it on PS3 since it came out five years ago.

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment