Saturday 12 September 2015

Mario Maker, Double Dash and Fire Emblem Awakening (#102)

Wondering what those three games I got this week are? Well, not anymore, if you know how to read a title! Yes, I really love giving all the answers away, don't I. Yeah, so I got Super Mario Maker for Wii U, Mario Kart: Double Dash for the Gamecube and Fire Emblem Awakening for the 3DS this week.

On Monday, I got Double Dash (it's the fourth Mario Kart game) from my friend at school who had the game from when he was younger and never played it anymore. I was originally going to give him £10 for the game, but had to offer him £5 after I went and LOST A £10 NOTE. Wow. Just wow. While I was waiting for the school bus, I checked for my money, and it was there. But when I got on the bus where my friend was waiting and I reached for the £10, it had just disappeared. I bet I dropped it knowing how dumb I am when it comes to responsibility. Or maybe some kind of lowlife pickpocket stole it. If you're reading this and you did, I HATE YOU.



But yes, Double Dash is very fun. I played two 50cc cups on it the other night while listening to my music playlist.

On Tuesday, I ordered Fire Emblem: Awakening after pondering getting it for about half a year. I couldn't play it soon as I got it on Wednesday because, although I finished Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney, I still had to play the twelve or so special episodes in the game, so I didn't start the game until Thursday morning. Which was a mistake since I was half asleep and could barely see two feet in front of me. Speaking of the Layton V Wright aftergame stuff though, I love how when you complete the main game you get a load of cool stuff like in all the Professor Layton games, namely all the cutscenes, music, special episodes and lots of nice artwork from the game creators.



Finally, yesterday, I got Super Mario Maker. I haven't done a ton on it so far but it's really good and fun to play. I haven't unlocked all of the possible level design tools and items yet (in fact I've not even unlocked all of row two, and there's about six rows), and I only have the Super Mario Bros and New Super Mario Bros U art styles unlocked, but so far I've made three levels which are fairly alright and a little hard. In fact, I went to my friend Kurt's house today and we played through Investigation Day 2 of Rise From The Ashes (from Phoenix Wright). We also played a little of Mario Maker and beat my three levels, but he struggled a lot with the first one and I had to do the third one for him. Scrub. I look forward to unlocking the Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World styles. I'd love to see a Super Mario Bros 2 (USA) design though. Maybe a future DLC pack? The game even comes with a neat little picture book with tons of pictures of crazy Mario levels, many of which I'm sure can be recreated in the game.



Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment