Thursday 24 March 2016

Daredevil Season 2: Fantastic! (#161)

So like I said, I started watching Daredevil Season 2 when it came out on Friday the 18th, and I finished it on Sunday the 20th! It was so awesome and I really, deeply hope that they come out with a third season. I'll talk a little below about some of the main plot details from the season, so spoiler warning here.

So one of the little things I liked was the show demonstrating that is it part of a shared universe; not very many references were made to the main MCU films which is okay because I kind of like how the Marvel Netflix shows are mostly seperate to the films (kind of like Arrow and the Flash, even though they're in a completely different universe to the DCEU (DC Expanded Universe) or DCCU (DC Cinematic Universe) as I call it. But yes, not many references to the films were made, just like season 1 of Daredevil and Jessica Jones, but that's okay. However, I liked how the season made several references to Jessica Jones, starting to connect the Netflix shows more. There was small talk of JJ around episode 5 or 6, a very tiny mention of her name, but the real connection was in episode 13 where Foggy went to work with/for Jeri Hogarth, one of JJ's main characters. 

Speaking of which though, the way season 2 ended was very bittersweet, and it made me feel sad. Not just because of Elektra's death (I gotta admit she annoyed me in her first couple of appearances) but the fact that Matt, Karen and Foggy split up and Nelson & Murdock is no more. That was one of my favourite parts of the show, seeing the main 'power trio' working together and having fun (like in season 1 episode 2 where Karen and Foggy go out in the city for the whole night and Foggy just jokes around) and if there is a season 3 (pleeeeeaaasseeee) it will be different to see their more separate lives, although it would still be interesting. I liked Karen's blossoming friendship with Elliot, the guy working at the newspaper office (I forgot the newspaper's name) so it's not like another season wouldn't work. Plus, they could introduce Officer Simpson from JJ, since he's kind of an important Daredevil villain in the Daredevil: Born Again comic book arc, which I read recently. They set that up in JJ, with him taking those dangerous red and blue pills, just like in the comic books.



Also, as planned, I started watching Arrow Season 2 on Monday. It's good so far and, while typing this the day before it is uploaded, I just watched the episode where Barry Allen is introduced, who I know is the Flash. I don't think he has his powers yet though. And also, two days until Batman V Superman. The Ginger is going to watch it tonight, along with a screening of Man of Steel, both in IMAX. It sounds great but it starts at 21:15 and ends at like 2 or 3am, so I feel like he's gonna fall asleep. 

Note: It's the DC Extended Universe, not the DC Expanded Universe.

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment