Friday 29 July 2016

Be Back In A Week: The Sequel (#211)

The title is a reference to a post I made around this time last year. So yeah, tomorrow I'm actually going on holiday for one week. Maybe it will be good, maybe it won't. Who knows? But anyway, I'm leaving tomorrow and I should be arriving back next Saturday, on August 6th. This means that unfortunately I will be missing Comic Con, since in the city where I live Comic Con is the 30th and 31st of July which is tomorrow and Sunday. I am pretty sad about this but I suppose there always is a next year. Actually, wasn't the world supposed to end today or something? Oh, who cares. If you're interested, I uploaded a video on my YouTube channel about my little 'break', which you can watch here. It's only a minute or so long.

Since I've not made too many posts lately and I won't be making any for at least a week now, I guess I should use this opportunity to talk about some games I got today! Me and one of my friends have been going to town a lot in the past couple months, mainly to get comic books. We also visit CeX a lot. Last time we were there I saw a copy of New Super Mario Bros for £18, which I think I've mentioned before, but New Super Mario Bros was the first game I ever remember playing, and definitely the first I ever owned, over 8 years ago. I didn't have any money on me at the time but since I had some left over from savings, I went there today by myself because I wanted to get NSMB to play on the car journey and to keep me entertained since I won't have much else to do. Also, I lost the game a good few years ago (I think I had two copies of it for some reason but I guess I lost both) so I wanted to get it again for the pure nostalgia. I went to CeX and unfortunately they didn't have the game. I had lots to spend though and I did find The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for DS! I've been interested in playing that for a while now since it's kind of a sequel to Wind Waker and since I wanted something to play on DS while I'm on holiday, I'm pretty satisfied. Also I can use my mobile data for a guide since I like to use those for Zelda games.

I got three other games as well. For Gamecube, I got Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, a game that seems extremely random but my friend recommended it to me if I ever saw it in a store because apparently it's a good game even though it's not known very well (also it's made by SEGA, specifically Sonic Team so good enough for me). Also, for PS3, I got Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster and Final Fantasy XIII-2. I've never mentioned Final Fantasy on this channel before, and I'm just getting into it now. See, lately I've been wanting to try some big RPG adventure style games, and I've always had a bit of a curious interest in the series. Also, I've been playing Kingdom Hearts 2.5 which I got a few weeks ago, and Kingdom Hearts is kind of a spin-off of the FF series. Last time I was at CeX I got FF XIII, and although I haven't played it yet, I plan to soon, and I also got Batman: Arkham Asylum for PS3 since my friend recommended it and I read a comic related to the more recent Batman: Arkham Knight. So, apart from Phantom Hourglass which I'll start tonight, I have a load of good games to play over the next month, which means I'll have stuff to play for the rest of my Summer holidays and most likely the rest of the year since I'm pretty sure the FF games are pretty damn big.

Anyway, when I get back, I'm planning to make a post about my plans for the FF series and how I'm going to play it. But I should probably actually play one of the games first :) Below I've included a photo of the seven games I talked about in the paragraph above.

My gaming life is lookin' good!

Also I plan to take a big paperback book of the Amazing Spider-Man: Brand New Day comic book arc that I got recently. It has around 20 issues of Spider-Man to read! And I might take Luigi's Mansion 2 for 3DS. I played through the original again recently with my friend and I've been playing the 3DS sequel quite a bit too.



Sorry for the weird camera angle!

Wait, last thing! I saw this masterpiece at CeX today.

You're not a true gamer if you haven't played this
magnificent piece of art.

Okay guys, see you in a while!

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment