Friday 1 July 2016

Wreck-It-Ralph 2 Officially Announced! (#207)

In some rather wonderful news yesterday, Disney's amazing Wreck-It-Ralph is finally getting an official sequel, coming out in 2018! The first Wreck-It-Ralph released in late 2012 (although I'm pretty sure it was February 2013 here in the UK, and I remember going to watch it with my friend) and was an animated movie about video games, basically. It's one of my all-time favourite animated movies and I remember wishing for a sequel as soon as I watched it, and now Wreck-It-Ralph 2 will officially be releasing in theatres on March 9th 2018. Hopefully the film will not be delayed by about three months here like with the original, but that may happen. It seems to happen a lot with animated movies, like how Finding Dory will be released by the end of July here whilst its already been out several weeks in the USA. Ralph 2 is supposedly going to explore more modern ideas such as online gaming whereas the original was set in a much more retro arcade environment, and could hopefully feature Mario in a major role. I would really like that. The film will be set six years after the first, which is pretty much the amount of time since numero uno released.

Sonic, Eggman and Bowser actually had cameos in the film. Nice.

You can actually read a review of Wreck-It-Ralph that I wrote right when the original came out. Click here.

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment