Tuesday 19 July 2016

Captain America HYDRA Twist Explained (#209)

I have to apologise for uploading posts so rarely in the past few weeks. I know it's kinda ridiculous that there were times when I was uploading several posts a day and now I seem to be struggling to post even every two weeks, it's just that I have had a lot of stuff to do lately as usual and obviously I am focusing a lot on my YouTube channel since I'm really into that now and I've uploaded over 50 videos.

Anyway, this post is basically an answer to the post I made like a month ago about the possibility of Captain America being an agent of HYDRA. So, a couple weeks ago, the second issue of Captain America: Steve Rogers released, and I got it the day it was released because, of course, the first issue got me deeply invested into the series, and I was very interested in how Marvel were going to explain this snake-headed twist. Spoilers, obviously.



So, first of all I want to say, I WAS RIGHT. Kind of. The explanation was that a sentient cosmic cube called Kubik, in the form of a young human girl, was tainted and taught by the Red Skull that HYDRA is basically perfection. Of course, she is a naive child so that would explain why she believes the Red Skull's ideals and doesn't really question the idea that HYDRA is good and the way that things should be. Recently in the comics Steve Rogers' youth was restored by Kubik just before the Captain America: Steve Rogers series started, I believe. Now, when Kubik was restoring Cap's youth and power, since she believed that HYDRA is perfection, she made Cap a HYDRA agent by making it so that all of of Cap's memories involved him being a prominent and faithful member of the terrorist organisation. So this is where it gets a bit confusing; Cap technically isn't an agent since he didn't originally follow HYDRA, but technically he is because he believes himself to have always been a follower and is continuing this lifestyle. It's a little hard for me to explain, but Digital Spy explains it well here. So how do you feel about this, do you think of Cap as an agent or not? I'll definitely be getting the next issue, #3, when it comes out... next week, is it? Wow that went pretty fast.

Also, I know I said this would be probably uploaded in the next three days... oops...

Thomas

3 comments:

  1. How did you finally end up choosing the project you did? Was this what you originally planned on doing, or did your thinking on your project idea shift over the course of the yeargta 5 apk

    ReplyDelete