Thursday 2 June 2016

One Year Anniversary (#200)

WOAH! Yes, this is actually happening! Welcome to my two-hundredth post on my blog, Awesome Fantasy News. Two hundred! Do you know how many hundreds that is?! Two! And, to top it all off, today is June 2nd 2016. Is there anything significant of this date to you? Nothing that stands out about the fact that today is the second day in the sixth month of the two thousand and sixteenth year since the year 0 A.D.? Well, I'm disappointed. You should know how important this particular date is. Let's have a quick little gander at the picture below...

You can read more on my blog. *hinthintnudgenudge*

That's correct, it's the first post I ever published on this blog, back when I was a wee lil' scrub when it came to mastering the art that is blog writing (I still am though let's be completely honest lol). And, if we look closely at the date that I uploaded it...

CONSPIRACY INTENSIFIES

Yep! As well as having today be my 200th post, it's also been exactly one year since I uploaded the first post on this blog! Boy, let me tell you that it took a lot of planning ahead to get that to coincide... in fact, it's the main reason why I've been posting so much for the last month or two, even when it wasn't necessary. See, in order for this post to be made on the exact date of the one year anniversary, I had to make a lot more posts than I usually would. I know it's not like I had to and it would have been fine if it didn't, but I'm really glad that it did because it's kinda... perfect.

Anyway, geeeeeeez, the big two-double-oh! I've said these exact kind of things in my one hundreth post back in September, but I can't believe that this random little idea became some sort of success and actually worked out. I mean, all the other time I've tried blogs, the highest number of posts I made was about eight or ten, so you may be able to see that I've tried really really hard to get this to work and to put motivation into this even when I've really not felt like it. Just look at what happened a couple months ago; I basically ended the blog after post #150 and was unsure if I was ever going to come back to it but a random burst of inspiration came to me and, voila, here we are. I will say that this is going to be a lot shorter than post #100 because that was ridiculously long. Not in a bad way though, it's one of those posts I look at when I want to be reminded why I started this in the first place and why I should continue and start typing up the next post.

So thank you to everybody that reads this blog. In September I practically ended it but I'm very glad that I brought it back again in March. Also, just a heads up, posts will be going up less often now because I've been posting very frequently so that this would would be both my 200th post and my 1 year anniversary. I'll still be updating often, but maybe just once a week, because I have to record a lot of YouTube videos (speaking of which, I started uploading on there again) and also I still have a lot of stuff that I need to study for.

Thanks to everybody reading this right now, I couldn't have found the effort to get this far without you.

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment